Thursday, May 20, 2010
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
moving is bad enough, but with twins i was ready for the funny farm. so relieved we are finally feeling settled. josh is such a great husband. i have never seen anyone work as hard as he did with the move. he has 2 black toe nails to prove it. we carved some time out on sunday to step away from the organizing and making our place into a home to relax. found out about second beach in middletown, ri from yankee magazine. they rated it one of their top beaches of the year here and i see why. so raw and so beautiful. there were kite boarders out so we sat and watched them. the girls are so easily entertained at the beach with the sand, shells, and birds. all i had to do was sit back in my beach chair. i don't think i got up once.
here's one of my all time favorite house tours. i have this saved in my inspiration folder! it's a westchester ranch of bill abranowicz and andrea raisfeld found here. i love the shelf lined with glass jars of sand from the beaches they have been to and the photo wall in the hallway.
image from la petite gourmande.
here are some of my favorite dessert recipes that i wanted to share.
1. strawberry rhubarb crumble from la petite gourmande. didn't make it with the cointreau and it still turned out really good. vanilla ice cream on top is ideal.
2. creamy lemon squares from martha stewart. calls for 3/4 cup of lemon juice. i used 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of limeade juice. it turned out tasting like key lime squares. made these for my family when they came for easter and my bro said it's his new favorite dessert recipe.
3. chocolate chip cookies from martha stewart. made these at easter too and they are crisp, chewy, and huge.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
after moving ourselves to newport with the help of my uncle rob (who i think could win survivor seeing that he has more energy than my pathetic 33 year old self) brother matt, and a 26 foot penske truck we thought it was time to leave the boxes at home and go have some fun. so josh planned for us to head to the haskell nursery in new bedford, ma. on mother's day. we had been there twice before the girls were born, but were excited to see how they would like it. it was a beautiful day and it was just as i remembered...a 7 acre sanctuary of greenhouses, topiaries, plants, chickens, and historic buildings that stirs the spirituality inside of you. feels like a museum. allen haskell, the famous horticulturist started the business almost 50 years ago, and his son, david now presides over it. martha stewart and jacqueline kennedy onassis are said to have been patrons. if you are in the area, you should definitely check it out.
via black eiffel. love these abstract paintings by jamie shelman. i'm so inspired to paint right now, but with twin girls roaming the house i don't think it's realistic. this sudden urge to paint may come from the fact that we just moved and our walls are bare and screaming for some artwork.
1. kitka blog via decor8
2. hytteliv via my scandinavian retreat
3. marieclairemason.com via blue pool road
4. bolig via black.white.yellow
5. pisarapilvi via emmas designblogg
these are images i have spotted around the blogosphere. love the clean lines and feeling of openness in all these images.