Monday, June 1, 2009

maine trip













josh (my husband), matt (my brother), jordan (my brother's girlfriend), karoline, rory, and I headed to port clyde, maine for almost a week the middle of may. we stayed in a friend's house and had a nice break from reality. fir trees, farnsworth museum, party for the jamie wyeth exhibit, rockland, camden, grilling out, breakfast sandwiches from the general store, hike to mosquito head, mount battie, whoopie pies, marshall point lighthouse, eiders, fiddleheads, moss-taches, wiscasset, the marston house, ll bean outlet in freeport, and folly101 summarizes it all. maine is one of the most beautiful places. it moves me to tears every time i go. my favorite thing we did this trip was to strap the girls into their front carriers and went for a 2 hour hike around mosquito head. the girls slept for half of the hike and we were able to take in the gorgeous scenery. during the hike we crossed a field to get to a desolate beach. i had to pinch myself when we heard the ocean waves and saw the water coming into sight. josh, matt, and jordan later went for a midnight polar plunge at that beach. i would have jumped on that bandwagon, but someone had to take care of the girls.

1 comment:

  1. I went to folly 101 because of your blog! I got beautiful linen blend pillow cases. So pretty! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete