Monday, February 8, 2010

mom+dad's house

my parents built a new house to look old 20+ years ago in chagrin falls, ohio. my mom has collected antiques before i was ever a thought in their minds. she has a passion for collections, decorating, entertaining, and finding treasures at rummage sales. guess where i get my love for design? we were home for a fun trip at thanksgiving so i took some pictures of their place. i know she would be embarrassed to know i was putting pictures of their house up, but her eye for decorating and placement of things provides me with much inspiration and i'm hoping you can take away an idea or two.

desk looking out to the woods in their family room. antique pond boat. my parents made the lights.

love curling up by this fireplace with a cup of tea and a magazine

my mom's collection of antlers and wooden bowls. my brother made the birch bark stool.

inspiring book shelves with ikea lights.

some of my mom's white ironstone collection.

i want to paint this still life.

2 wing chairs from a house sale. she had slipcovers made for them.

coffee table in the family room. my family has a fondness for andrew wyeth.

newly painted kitchen. just ignore the dirty dishes in the sink.

oil painting above the stove.

my mom and dad. aren't they cute!
light fixture from ikea.

josh by the bar with my mom's collection of antique goblets.

dining room with an old farmhouse table from maine.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a beautiful house P and P have amazing taste!!!! Great photos...
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks bri bri! can't wait to see you soon!-mol

    ReplyDelete