Friday, March 9, 2012

my favorite house in the whole wide world



it's the house of my parents, pete and pam lubs in chagrin falls, ohio.  i was raised in this house. stayed up late on sunday nights typing my english essays in this house. had my feet massaged by my grandmother during track season in this house. listened to my mom read "little house on the prairie" before i went to bed in this house. let my brother cry on my shoulder after a rough breakup in this house. had my big hair prom pictures taken in this house. sat down for pasta meals as a family the night before basketball games in this house. studied with my dad the night before biology exams by the fireplace in this house. smelled my  mother's herb garden every summer in this house. kissed my husband on one of our first dates in this house. hope you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as i do.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my favorite house is my parents house too. I love how earthy and real the house is, nothing pretentious or styled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this house too and the people who grew up and live in it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It´s a beautiful home! It looks like your Molly Ruth!! Amazing...
    Have the best weekend!

    Big hugs!
    Inés

    SimplyClassyMe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this beautiful, and textural place with us. In our home, we call a place like that our primal landscape.
    I know where you get your creative eye.
    mb

    ReplyDelete