Monday, October 1, 2012

nate berkus + target






i have blogged about my little design crush on nate berkus here and here.to say i like his design aesthetic would be an understatement. using antiques, texture, neutral colors, sculptural elements, and natural artifacts. he gets it right every time. when i found out he is collaborating with target for a collection i nearly spit my cereal out on the screen i was so happy. i have october 21st in my planner and i am setting the alarm, taking my coffee to go and busting a move to a target store. i can't wait. that lacquered tortoise shell is divine and all the gold accessories are making me very giddy.

also if that wasn't enough. nate berkus also has a new book coming out on october 16th titled 'the things that matter most'. you can preorder it here at target. or here at amazon. here is the excerpt describing the book:

     "The Things That Matter convincingly lays out Nate
     Berkus's philosophy that things do matter. Our homes
     tell our stories, they reflect the places we’ve been
     and the people we've loved along the way—and there can
     be no more beautiful design for living than that."

it's fall. my favorite season. the humidity is long gone. i don't have to shave my legs everyday. the slow cooker is in full gear. baking is now a sport at our house. and it's nate berkus month. what more could a mom ask for? 

3 comments:

  1. We can only hope that the tortoise shell looks as lovely in real life as it does in the photo. I am swooning.
    I had to laugh about all the baking you are doing. Thank goodness I am not afflicted by the baking gene as I have no will power once the sweet goodness comes out of the oven. None.
    Enjoy.
    Um. Can we pre-order the tortoise shell from Target?

    ReplyDelete
  2. um, i know. i wish i had more patience when it comes to sweets and design, but i really am like a four-year-old with no will power at all. and i'm already trying to decide if i want to buy the tortoise shell in both colors, kelly green and white. i preordered his book to get me through until oct. 21st. their marketing worked. order the book to satisfy your love of nate until his line comes out on oct. 21st. i'm such a sucker. hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh gosh, LOVE Nate!! And I love your blog Molly Ruth! Found it via Pinterest :) - Jessica Clare

    ReplyDelete