Tuesday, February 19, 2008

blue sky



my one and only brother, matthew, came to visit this weekend. he has a calm, centered presence, yet at the same time is full of energy and is always up for an adventure. he makes me laugh and helps me to see the important things in life. he's 5 years younger, but wiser and much, much cooler than his older sister. we took a walk through mount auburn cemetery in cambridge, ma. it's not as morbid as you may think. it's actually a beautiful sanctuary that provides much solitude in an urban environment. founded in 1831, it was the first large-scale designed landscape open to the public in the united states. 5,ooo different trees. it is so much fun to take pictures all 4 seasons and then look at the changes. we lucked out with a crisp, bright winter day with no clouds in the sky.

1 comment:

  1. I lived in a studio a block away from the cemetery. I absolutely loved it! I have gone several times and each time, I am amazed at the beauty of the place. Did you know B.F. Skinner is buried there as well as many famous poets? I loved to sit by the Spinx and read when it was a nice day out. I miss it!

    ReplyDelete